Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Way FM

So here is my adventure from this morning.  I was schedule to go to Way-FM and had to be there by 7AM!!! When you live in Lehigh, that is quite a hike.  So I get up at 5:30 and make my way into Fort Myers.  On the way to the station I turn on 88.7 to get an idea of what they are discussing this morning only to hear them discussing my visit!  And, how they would only let me talk if I was 'cool'.  So I pull into Dunkin Donuts (beacause I'm not very cool :)) to bribe them with some food that was sure to induce a sugar coma.  To my surprise, only 20 minutes into my visit I trip over a cable and their signal went out.  They were unable to broadcast for the rest of the morning!  No I'm only kidding-but for some reason their transmitting signal did go out so I had the whole morning to just hang with Jeff Taylor (who, by the way, is the greatest guy).  But just to let all of you know, we rescheduled, and I'll be hanging out with them again, hopefully on the air, on October 23rd from 7-9am.  So listen in!!!


As for some upcoming CARES events-Mark you calendars for a wine tasting at Virginia's restaurant Buon Appetito on November 1 at 4pm-all proceeds go to CARES!!  Also mark your calendar for November 7th which is the semi-annual CARES yard sale which takes place at CARES on the corner of Savona and Del Prado-we are still accepting donations for the yard sale so if you have some old things drop them off at the CARES resource center-one man's trash is another man's treasure!!!  And for goodness sake do not forget NOVEMBER 21-our annual CARES walk!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment